18th Charity Golf Classic raises more money for hospital/care home

On Monday, Sept 10, the 18th Charity Golf Classic was held at Esterhazy Golf Course. It was a beautiful day, with the event drawing 96 golfers from both the local area and further afield. Later in the day, at the customary post-golf function, the results were announced by Don Hood. He reminded the audience that in 18 year history of the event, it has raised more than 3.5 million dollars. Initially the funding was earmarked to support the existing hospital, but in 2009 the decision was made to raise the funds for a new hospital and care home.

The community has to raise 20% of the cost of the project, with the government adding the remaining 80%. Best estimate is that the required community share stands at $11 million. Monday’s event raised another $205,000 towards the community share, bringing the total funds raised/pledged by the community to $9.9 million.

Kudos to all those involved, for their continued commitment and dedication to the project, and for their unwavering belief that one day Esterhazy WILL have a new hospital/care home facility.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.