North Valley Credit Union is underwriting this new incarnation of EsterhazyOnline, and if it were not for them, this development would not be taking place. So let’s talk about what this revised version of EsterhazyOnline will be, and what it won’t be.
This re-vamped site is not setting out to be an all-out news reporting service like before. There are three reasons for this.
- Kenneth J. Kerr (owner of EsterhazyOnline) now lives 125km away from town and will not be attending every event like before.
- Kenneth is also heavily involved in advancing his career as the author of a new book and as a public speaker.
- The Miner-Journal newspaper is an essential community amenity, and we want to encourage and support its continued success, not compete against it.
Having said that, here is what this new site WILL be.
- The go-to place for public announcements and upcoming events in Esterhazy, Stockholm, and the immediate surrounding area.
- A brand-new information portal through which North Valley Credit Union can tell the public about who they are, what they offer, and how they interact with the community.
Both Roy Spence (CEO/GM of North Valley Credit Union – And also Mayor of Esterhazy), and Kenneth J. Kerr (Owner and operator of EsterhazyOnline) are excited to see this new venture launch, and they share the vision of this becoming a valuable service for the community.
So, who can submit press releases and announcements to be placed on this site and promoted by it?
- Town of Esterhazy
- RM of Fertile Belt
- Village of Stockholm
- Esterhazy Community Daycare
- Sports teams
- Service organizations
- Youth groups (like the Scouts)
- Community theatre groups
- The museum
- The library
- Fundraisers for town amenities
And what will the cost of these announcements be?
- ZERO, NADA, FREE – Because North Valley Credit Union is paying for YOU to use this service! (Three cheers for NVCU!)
So, what are you waiting for? If your school, church, service organization, sports team, or youth group has an event to announce, then get in touch with us and tell us about it. Use the contact form in the menu and fire us off a request to be announced to the EsterhazyOnline audience. Your event will be included in the page headlines, added to the community calendar, and mentioned on the EsterhazyOnline Facebook.
And one more question we’ve already had… What about commercial adverts? We’re looking into that possibility, but nothing has been decided yet. If you do want to place commercial ads for your business, again, reach us through the contact form, and if there’s enough interest we’ll consider adding that feature to the site, at a cost to the advertiser of course.
Let’s make this thing ROCK people. If it’s happening out there, it should be announced on here…. GET IN TOUCH and tell everyone you know about this new public service!
(ps… The old URL, http://www.esterhazyonline.com still brings you here!)