As the school year winds down, I have just a few comments.
Extracurricular Awards Day is on the morning of June 13. I encourage parents to participate in this celebration in recognizing their children’s accomplishments. The Band Concert is on June 15 at 7:00 pm in the Sr. Gym.
Final exams run from June 20-24. I urge high school students to work hard to prepare for these important exams. Graduation will occur on June 27 at the S.N. Boreen Hall. Supper starts at 4:30, with exercises commencing at 7:30.
We say farewell to Ms. Drader and Ms. Barsi. Ms. Drader is moving up to become GSSD’s EAL (English as Another Language) coach. Ms. Barsi’s husband has been transferred to Carlyle, so she will be moving there over the summer. Both of these ladies have been exceptional staff, both to the school as a whole, and to me personally as I have relied upon them for their advice and expertise. Both will be sorely missed. I wish all the best in their future.
Please note: we will hand out report cards on June 28. This is the last day of classes for the grade 6-8 students. In the past, report cards have gone out on the last day of school, and few students returned to get their report cards. We are trying to eliminate costly postal charges, and I urge that all students or their parents make an effort to pick up their report cards before the end of June.
I wish you all a relaxing and safe summer holiday. Students start school on September 1 next year. We will see you then!
- May 30- June 3 – Warriors Football Spring Camp @ high school football field
- June 2 – Grade 6 Orientation @ EHS Jr. Gym 7pm
- June 2 – Grade 9-12 choir students trip to Yorkton
- June 3 – JR. ESA Dance
- June 3/4 – Provincial Track & Field Meet in Regina
- June 13 – 9 am- 12 pm Extra Curricular Awards Day in the Jr. Gym
- June 14 – Big Brothers/Big Sisters windup at the bowling alley – then pizza at EHS open area from 5:00- 6:30
- June 15 – All band/choir students concert at 7 pm in the Sr. Gym
- June 17 – grade 6 band students to Carlton Trail
- June 24 – Warriors Football Alumni Game @ 8pm EHS Football Field
- June 27 – Grad Ceremonies @ S.N. Boreen Hall 7:30pm
- June 28 – report cards go home with grades 6, 7, & 8
- June 30 – report cards will be available to be picked up by grades 9 – 12
The full EHS newsleter for June nay be downloaded/viewed as a PDF below.