Esterhazy Housing Authority offers Social Housing for qualified seniors. The program is currently subsidized by the federal, provincial and municipal governments.
Esterhazy currently manages 84 senior units consisting of duplex and apartment style living. These are located at:-
- Sumner Place, 610 Sumner Street, Esterhazy. (No smoking building)
- Daisy Hill Manor, 629 Main Street, Esterhazy. (No smoking building)
- Lake Street Senior Duplexes, 601 to 629 Lake Street, Esterhazy.
- Heritage Manor, 302 & 304 2nd Ave., Gerald
The following pictures are taken in Sumner Place
The following pictures are taken in Daisy Hill Manor
The design and size of units for seniors are all very similar and consist of duplex and apartment style living. Suite sizes range from one-bedroom to two-bedroom units solely for senior couples.
Living in close proximity to others offers security and socialization, while individual suites allow for independence and privacy.
- Each suite is fully self-contained including a private bathroom, kitchen and bedroom.
- Each suite has a smoke detector. Suites in Daisy Hill and Sumner Place also have a sophisticated fire sprinkler system.
- Duplex units have in-suite laundry areas. Residents living in apartment style units have shared laundry facilities.
- Some wheelchair accessible suites are available.
- Tenants are required to furnish their own suite, but appliances (fridge, stove, washer, dryer) are supplied.
- Please be aware that Esterhazy Housing Authority has a strict no pet policy.
Application forms are available at the Esterhazy Housing Authority office located at 523 Main Street, or from any Saskatchewan Housing Authority in the province.
Carefully read and fill out the application completely. Attach all relevant income verification as specified on the form (i.e. the most recent income tax return and notice of assessment).
Submit the completed application and income verification to the Esterhazy Hosing Authority office. The housing manager will review the application and determine if the applicant meets the eligibility requirements for the program. If so, rental references will be obtained and the application will be presented to the EHA Board of Directors for their consideration. The applicant will then be notified of the board’s decision.
Acceptance into Social Housing is based on need, with priority given to individuals with low incomes. Health and social needs are also considered. A point rating system is used to determine which applicant is placed in the next available unit. Each new tenant is required to sign a lease. Income is reviewed annually and is used to determine rent for the following year.
The monthly rent for Senior Social Housing is 30% of gross monthly household income. A security deposit of $326 is required. The monthly rent for senior housing includes heat and water. Tenants are responsible for electricity costs as well as cable TV and telephone charges. Full time maintenance staff are able to respond quickly to maintenance requests and take care of snow removal, lawn care, and janitorial tasks in common areas (lounge, laundry room, etc.) on a regular basis.
Daisy Hill and Sumner Place offer optional services to create opportunities for tenants to maintain or enhance independence and quality of life. Coordination of recreational activities and services is regularly available, meals are delivered once or twice a week from local restaurants, contacts for help with laundry and/or housekeeping are available, and information is supplied for obtaining a personal emergency response system through SecurTek at a special price.
For more information
Esterhazy Housing Authority
Box 1325, 523 Main Street, Esterhazy, Sk S0A 0X0.
Phone (306) 745-6780
Fax (306) 745-2070