1. The May Newsletter
Welcome to another exciting great month at PJ Gillen School. The school year is quickly moving into spring and summer activities. If you have any questions pertaining to this Newsletter or any other school happenings, please feel free to contact the school at 745-2171.
- May 2 – School supply fee campaign begins
- May 5 – Mother’s Day Plants will be delivered to the school.
- May 5 – Saskatchewan Roughriders Day rescheduled. We encourage all students to wear green.
- May 5 – SCC meeting at 7:00 pm.
- May 11 – Grade 5 Drama Performance at 6:30 pm. in the gymnasium.
- May 12 – Scholastic Book Orders are due.
- May 13 – Water Walk Ice Cream Sale at the canteen.
- May 18 – RCMP Bike Rodeo at SN Boreen Center.
- May 23 – Victoria Day NO SCHOOL
- May 24 – TEACHERS CONFERENCE AND STAFF INSERVICE DAY NO SCHOOL
- May 31 – May Assembly in school gymnasium at 1:15 pm.
- May 31 – Last day of school supply fee campaign.
Life Touch pictures has been booked for school pictures. The Fall photo date will be Thursday September 8, 2016 and picture retakes will be Thursday October 25, 2016
2. Regarding School Supply Fees
During the month of May, PJ Gillen School will be collecting supply fees for the 2016-2017 school year. The supplies are ordered June 1st and arrive by the end of June ready for students in September.
This fee will cover the cost of many of the school supplies that your child will need during the upcoming school year. There will still be a few items that your child will need to bring on the first day of school such as indoor shoes, pencil case, headphones, and Kleenex. A list will be provided in the June report card, as to which specific items you will have to purchase.
The fee for students entering Kindergarten, Grade 1, or Grade 2, is $30.00 for the year and students entering Grade 3, Grade 4 or Grade 5 is $35.00 for the year. (Please note a fee change from last year.)
Students may bring fees to their homeroom teacher until May 27th. Cheques are made payable to PJ Gillen School.
Once again this year, the first classroom to bring in all their school fees will win the challenge with a great reward!