Last weekend was the SCMA Awards event in Saskatoon. Esterhazy’s own Rachel Dancsok was one of the performers, and here are some quick notes from her facebook regarding the experience. (Capitals are from Rachel’s own emphasis)
- Day 1 at the SCMA AWARDS WEEKEND in Saskatoon. Just hanging around till it all starts.
- Day 2 started with brunch followed by the Industry Awards. Meet, greet & congratulate artists. Youth Showcase was great! A seminar I’ll sit in on. Gala Awards tonight.
- Just took in 2 seminars. One about “Managing” with guest Chad Brownlee. Jess Moskaluke was in the room & others from the industry. Other seminar was on “marketing” Very interesting to this country girl!
- Saturday night the SCMA GALA AWARDS! Winners right from around home. ALEX RUNIONS & JESS MOSKALUKE!
- COUNTRY GOSPEL SHOWCASE & ROOTS SHOWCASE TODAY. Terrific sharing of talents. Performance was at its best!
- GOSPEL MUSIC at its finest! All the performers did an excellent job. They commented often about the great Saskatchewan Talent in all genres.
- Thank you SCMA HOST COMMITTEE for giving us a top notch weekend! SASKATCHEWAN TALENT AT ITS BEST!
- I thank the fellers that backed me up! Excellent job! Mick Gratias on bass, Robbie Berday on drums & Rich McFarlane on lead. Have to mention & thanks to Trudy for video taping & camera taping. I’m very grateful!
Some of the comments coming to Rachel from fans or fellow performers included, “Great job Rachel!” and “Never got the chance to let you know how much I enjoyed your singing at the Gospel Showcase! Rachel Dancsok has a blessed gift! I could listen to you sing for hours! Listen to your CDs coming and going on the road. Between that and touring with you in the past, I seem to know your songs and can’t help but sing along. Someday I will get to your weekend house jam session/pot luck. See you at CGMAs in Drayton Valley Alberta!”
There were also a number of selfies and images from the event, and Rachel asked us to share them with readers. So, here’s a gallery of them. (Click any image to open viewer).
Glad you enjoyed the event Rachel!