- Reminder to students and parents that morning supervision begins at 8:40 a.m. Please avoid arriving at school before that time. Thank you!
- Attention: Drivers – reckless driving and excessive speed in the parking lot will be reported. Please take care when driving.
- It’s Day 2 of our floor hockey tournament! Welcome again to Saltcoats, Langenburg and Esterhazy and Good luck to our CPS Gr. 3/4 boys floor hockey team as they head to Saltcoats. Yesterday both the Gr. 3/4 and the Gr. 5/6 team won silver! Congratulations!
- Noon Gym Schedule: No noon activities today and tomorrow as we are hosting floor hockey.
- UHL action: The final regular season game will be on Monday, April 11 when team 2 plays team 5.
- Grads: Remember to pay for your cap and gown pictures this week.
- The last archery practice will take place next Monday April 11th. A photo for the yearbook will also be taken at this practice.
- Jr. Basketball fee of $35.00 is due by this Friday.
- Book order forms for Grade 9 – 12 are available at the office if any students are interested.
- Starting Monday, CPS students will all participate in a Literacy Challenge to read 1000 books by the end of the month! Students will record the books they read with their teachers and for every book we read, scholastic will donate a book to a charity for children! There will be a prize for a student in each grade that reads the most books, and the class with the most books read will also win a prize!! Get reading CPS!!!!
- There will be chess club this Friday at noon.
- The application form for all of the graduation local scholarships will be due on or before April 15. Any forms returned after that date by the grade 12 students will not be accepted.
- Yearbooks for 2015-2016 are on sale now. Each student will be given an order form this week to ensure you get the reduced price. The cost of our yearbooks is $35 until April 20. After that date, they will go up to $40 a book. The deadline for all yearbook orders is April 26. A copy of the order form will also be attached to the announcements for the next couple of weeks.
- We have also made ordering available through our on-line hot lunch web site, http://cps.hotlunches.net.
- Remember to wear pink on Wednesday, April 13! Once again, your Bully Prevention Group will organize presentations, activities and prizes. We will take a whole school photo and all CPS students and staff can look forward to trying mini pink milkshakes. This year our group was awarded a grant from the Sasktel I Am Stronger program. They were so impressed with our bully prevention activities that they will be sending out Play Creative, a professional crew to film part of our day!
- Transition to Grade 10: On Monday, April 25 @ 7:00 grade 9 students and their parents are invited to an orientation evening to prepare for grade 10. We will review the credit system and discuss course offerings for the 2016-2017 school year. The meeting will be followed by an invitation to attend an open house at our millwright shop.
- Reminder to Steve Nash parents about tournament dates: the grade 3/4girls are on april 24th in Moosomin, and the 5/6girls are on May 1 in Rocanville.
- If anyone is interested in taking part in a basketball skill development program (grades 4 to 12), please see Miss. Marshall today. It will be run by Huskie Athletes from the University of Saskatchewan.
- There are ball registration forms available in the office.
- If there are any ball players who are born in 2003/2004 and would like to play ball in Langenburg, please contact Lorin Lauer at 745 – 7221.
- Any Churchbridge Arena Tupperware Fundraising orders can be left at the main office for Tricia to pick up – reminder that orders are due by next Thursday, April 14th!
A reminder that all book orders are due Wednesday, April 13th. Payment options include cheque (made payable to Scholastic Canada), cash or online. If you are paying by cheque, you can include all family orders on 1 (one) cheque!
ONLINE – Parent Pay option:
1. Go to parentpay.scholastic.ca
2. Fill out the form & select Churchbridge School, teacher: Tricia Rathgeber
a. Please ensure you choose these options so we can submit all orders at once! Your child’s teacher will still receive their free books!
3. Provide your billing & credit card information and submit your payment. You can submit a single payment for ALL flyers that have the same Parent Pay code.
4. Record your payment Reference Number on your child’s order form(s) and send them to school so that we can place your order!!
Don’t’ forget – the online site is for making payments only. Your order is not complete until you send the order form(s) to school and we submit the order to Scholastic. Your order will be delivered to the classroom just like usual.