Congratulations Churchbridge! We are the first place winner of $10, 000 in the Go Out and Play Challenge! It was awesome to see everyone out at the events and working together.
We are looking forward to our day at Asessippi this Friday. All classes, with the exception of our grade 11s, managed to meet our participation requirements. Our grade 11’s have indicated 68% of students attending. Mrs. Kornaga and myself discussed the situation and have decided to make an exemption and allow our grade 11 students to participate with the rest of the school at Asessippi on Friday. We came to this decision by considering their excellent past participation and the number of adult chaperones who have volunteered to participate this year and historically. Our SCC has indicated that it might be time to consider other ‘Activity Day’ options for our students and we will give this consideration before making plans for next year. Any student not participating on Friday must attend school or be excused by a parent.
Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns. – Mrs. Leidl
- Noon Gym Schedule: Next UHL actions is on Wednesday, March 16th. Team 1 plays Team 3.
- Mathletics is hosting March Madness. All CPS students may participate and be eligible to win prizes all month. Log in at http://www.mathletics.com at school or home to participate.
- There will be a brief meeting for all Jr. Basketball players in Miss. Marshall’s room at lunch.
- No peewee Badminton on Friday due to low attendance after Asessippi.
- There will be a Canadian trip travel club meeting this Thursday, March 16 at 7:00 in the school library.
- A quick grad meeting on Thursday at 12:10.
- Drama practice: Thursday 3:30 -4:30. Next Tuesday, March 22 practice will be at 7:00, after interviews.
- Yearbook meeting will be on Thursday at 3:30 for all members that can make it.
- Reminder: the canteen will only provide cutlery to those purchasing items, so please remember to pack a fork and spoon in your lunch kit.
- JR SRC would like to wish everyone a happy St. Patrick’s’ day. Wear green on Thursday. The person wearing the most green with receive a price!
- March 14 – 16: Steve Nash basketball will be after school on Wednesday from 3:30 to 4:30
- Report Cards go out on Thursday, March 17. Students in K-6 will have reports printed and sent home. Grades 7-12 will receive a printed cover page and attendance report. Parents and students will need to go to https://hosting.maplewood.com/sk/gssd/cps/Maplewood/connectEd/viewer/login/login.aspx?logintype=S , log-in and access specific subject and learning behaviour reports. If you don’t have internet access or need help logging in please contact Carmal at the office: 306-896-2712.
- Parent Teacher Interviews to take place March 22 and 23. Please contact Carmal for time requests.
- Band Boosters will be selling the Lions Easter Bunnies on Saturday, March 19 from 10 until noon. (meeting at the Four Town Journal). We need students and some parents to drive them around. Please let Mrs. M or Mrs. Dul know if you can make it. In past years all who helped received 25 – 30 pts in their Band Booster accounts – so it’s worth the 2 hrs.
- Found: a pair of glasses in the library, come to the office if you are missing them!
- Staff: Support staff timesheets are due tomorrow!
- In an attempt to best meet our students needs we are asking that you take a moment to complete a very short survey regarding French as a locally determined course at CPS. Please click on the link below to voice your opinion. http://goo.gl/forms/iJCJzsAB2m
Check out the school website: http://www.gssd.ca/school/cps
“Learning Without Limits…Achievement for All”