Welcome to March.
March is the month for artistic endeavours at EHS. It is Festival month for the Music Program and they are getting ready to go to Disneyworld. Jr. Drama performances will be held on March 23 at 7:00 in the Jr. Gym. The Sr. Drama Club will present the comedy “Oddball” at 7:30 on March 15 in the Jr. Gym and then will take their performance to Sacred Heart for the Region 4 Drama Festival.
Because of the provincial election, the provincial budget will not be delivered until after that. That will mean that the division budget process will be held up for a while, and this means that we cannot start next year’s timetable until much later than we usually do. As a result, we will not host the High School Orientation (for grade 9 students) until April 6. This is about a month later than usual, so if you are wondering why we haven’t had it yet in March, now you know the reason why. The Orientation will take place in the Band Room at 7 pm. High school students will soon be choosing their classes for next year. Please spend some time with your children to decide upon course options and electives. Our timetable is based upon these choices. If a lot of students change their minds after the timetable is made, they may not get the courses they want because these classes may already be full. Post-secondary plans rely on these choices as well. If you have any questions, or are looking for advice in this area, please talk with me or Ms. LeSann.
Thank you to Mr. Daniel for the massive organization required for Activity Day on February 29. That is all for now. As always, my door is open.
- March 1&2 – WE Day in Saskatoon
- March 4 – Sr. Girls Basketball Conferences in Indian Head
- March 5 – Wrestling Regionals in Prince Albert
- March 6 – Archery Shoot in Melville
- March 9 – Choir to Langenburg for Potashville Music Festival
- March 11 & 12 – High School Wrestling Provincials
- March 14 – All bands to Langenburg For Potashville Music Festival
- March 15 – Soloists to Langenburg for Potashville Music Festival
- March 15 – “Oddball” a 1 Act play by the Sr. Drama Club at 7:30 in the Jr. Gym
- March 16 – Grade 9/Senior Band to Regina (Provincials)
- March 17-19 – Region 4 Drama Festival at Sacred Heart High School in Yorkton
- March 20 – tentative date for EMBI Fundraiser Fruit and Cookie Dough to arrive at EHS
- March 22 – EMBI meeting at 7pm in the band room
- March 23 – Jr Drama Night at 7:00 in the Jr. Gym
- March 25- April 3 – Easter Break
- April 6 – High School Orientation for grade 9 students
- April 8 – Report cards go home
- April 9 – Provincial Wrestling for the Juniors
- April 12 & 13 – Parent Teacher Interviews 3:30 – 7:00
- April 13- 17 – Wrestling Nationals in Calgary
- April 19 & 20 – First Aid Course for Grade 10 students
- April 20 – Pay It Forward Meeting (Grade 11 Parents) in the Library 7pm
- April 21 – Standards Track Meet in Yorkton for Grade 6 students
The PDF of the full newsletter for March is HERE