EHS Principal’s Message
We are now halfway through the school year. Final exams for the high school students went smoothly.
Semester II begins on Monday, February 1. High school students who want to change their timetables should do so as soon as possible. Report cards go out on February 1st.
It always amazes me how busy EHS is. Besides classes The Intramural Curling Bonspiel was played off earlier in January. Thank you to Ms. ScharnattaKerr for all her time and effort. Basketball, curling, wrestling, and archery are all in full tilt. Ms. LeSann’s Drama Club is gearing up for the Region 4 Drama Festival March 17 – 19 in Yorkton with a performance March 15 at 7:30 pm in the Esterhazy High School Junior Gym. Mrs. Helmeczi and Ms. Scharnatta Kerr are preparing for their junior drama night March 23 at 7 pm in the Junior Gym. Badminton is on the horizon. Activity Day is set for February 29. I would like to recognize Mr. Daniel’s many years of work in running this special project for our kids. Also, a thank you to Allan Lucas from Ackland’s for the donation of wrenches to our archery program. We appreciate the assist.
In April, we will be hosting the Grade 9 Orientation Night; shortly after, we will ask that high school students decide on their course choices for next year. These choices are always difficult to make because they are based very much on students’ career plans. Please take time to discuss these important decisions with your children now.
If you need assistance, please contact the school. And as always, my door is always open.
EHS Important Dates
- Feb. 1 report cards handed out
- Feb. 6 Jr. Boys Basketball Home Tournament
- Feb. 13 – 21 No School Winter Break
- Feb. 14 – 23 EF trip to Costa Rica
- Feb. 23 Grade 6 8 math contest
- Feb. 29 Activity Day
- March 9 Choir to Festival
- March 14 All bands to Langenburg
- March 15 Soloists to Langenburg
- March 16 Grade 9/Senior Band to Regina (Provincials)
- March 25 – April 3 Easter Break
- April 6 High School Orientation 7pm
- April 8 Report cards go home
- April 12 & 13 Parent Teacher Interviews 3:30 7:00
- April 19 & 20 Rescheduled Dates First Aid Course Grade 10
- April 27 – May 2 Festival Disney Participants away