We are fast approaching the end of the year. I want to encourage all students to put in the extra time and effort necessary to ensure good grades in each of their classes. We have only 7 weeks until final exams start.
Congratulations to Ms. LeSann and the Drama Club for their fine performances of “Nine Worst Break-ups of all Time”. As well, thank you to Mrs. Helmeczi and Ms. Scharnatta-Kerr for the long hours working with Jr. Drama. Also, “Thanks” to Ms. Deshaies for wrestling, and Mr. Walker and Mr. Krawetz for badminton.
Every student has completed a survey that was commissioned by the Ministry of Education, called Tell Them From Me. The survey measures include such topics as social/emotional outcomes, physical health, and drivers of student success. It also allows students to give their thoughts in open-ended question responses. The survey is secure and anonymous, and we use the results to improve our practices. Grade 9 and 10 students have also done the PISA assessment, an international test designed to see how large educational systems are performing. Lastly, all grade 9-12 students will do a short survey on Cancer Risk Assessment conducted by the University of Waterloo.
Feel welcome to come to the music program’s “Coffee House” at 7:00 pm on May 7 at the Boreen Hall. It has always been very entertaining. The Track Meet is scheduled for May 13th. Our Academic Awards Program will be held on May 28 in the Jr. Gym, starting at 1:00 pm.
Please refer to our calendar for all the events going on at EHS.
Please drop in if you have any questions or concerns. I would be glad to discuss them with you.
- Apr 29 – PPEP Information Session in room 204 at 6:30pm
- Apr 30 – Pay it Forward at 7pm in the Library for grade 11 parents and students
- May 6 – Grad 2015 Parent Meeting at 7pm in the library. Bring your chequebook to buy your allotted banquet tickets
- May 7 – Activist Presentation (9 am)
- May 7 – All Band?Choir/Glee Movie Night /Coffee House at 7 pm at S.N. Boreen Centre
- May 11 – Blood Donor Clinic 2:30-7:30pm in the junior gym
- May 18 – Victoria Day – No School
- May 19 – In-service/Conference in Yorkton – No school for students
- May 20 – Grade 6-12 Track Meet – Esterhazy
- May 26 – EMBI Meeting at 7pm in the band room
- May 28 – Grade 6 -12 Academic & Club Awards at 1pm
- May 29 – Grade 6-8 Year End Dance
- June 9 – Grade 6 orientation- 7pm @ High School Junior Gym for current Grade 5 students and their parents
- June 10 – Final Band Concert at 7pm in the Sr. gym
- June 12 – Grade 6-12 Sports & Participation Awards at 9am
- June 22 – Jr. Awards Pool Party Day
- June 26 – Grad
The full newsletter for May can be downloaded in MS Word format below.