We are all welcoming the change of the weather into springtime. The Easter Break runs from April 3-12; classes resume on April 13. Report cards will also be given to students on April 14, with parent-teacher interviews on April 15 & 16 from 3:30-7:00 pm. Your child(ren) may be creating a self-assessment portfolio. If they are, please ask your child(ren) to view it with them. The students are doing a lot of excellent work! Of course, you can always check on your child’s progress via ConnectEd.
On the extracurricular front, I want to recognize the great performances of the Band Program. They are finishing up festival season, and the students have done us proud once again. Thank you to Ms. Hearn. Basketball is now finished. Thank you to Ms. Olney, Mr. Haugen, Ms. Zubko, Mr. Copp, Ms. Straker, and Ms. Hall for coaching the most demanding of sports. Ms. Deshaies and the wrestling team also completed an excellent season. Mr. Walker and Mr. Krawetz are in the full swing of badminton. The archery team is preparing for the provincial shoot in Avonlea on April 25. Last, but not least, is our drama night on April 21. Performances will be in the Jr. Gym starting at 7:00 pm. It should be an entertaining evening. I would also like to recognize the efforts of Ms. Helmeczi, Ms. Scharnatta-Kerr, and Ms. LeSann.
It is also that time of year that the high school students need to select classes for next year. I would like all grades 9-11 students to have their choices done as soon as possible. Next year`s schedule is based upon the students’ choices; the sooner this is done, the sooner Mr. Copp and I can start working on the schedule.
Lastly, it is also survey season. For whatever reason, schools get asked to have students complete surveys at this time of year. There are three notable ones that we will be asking students to complete within the next six weeks. The PISA assessment is a large international survey for students born in 1999. It is the basis for most international comparisons of school systems. The Ministry of Education also requires all students to complete the “Tell Them From Me”. This survey assesses student well-being, school readiness, and school support. The last survey is CRAYS (Cancer Risk Assessment in Youth Survey). This is a large national survey done by the University of Waterloo. We have emailed out the parent information letter on this survey.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call me. My door is always open.
- April 3 –12 – Easter Holidays – No school
- APRIL 13 – EMBI FUNDRAISER ORDER DEADLINE
- April 14 – Report Cards go home
- April 15 & 16 – Parent Teacher Interviews 3:30 pm – 7:00 pm
- April 20 – Badminton Conference Playoffs in Melville
- April 21 – Drama Night 7 pm Jr. Gym
- April 23-25 – Region 4 Drama Festival in Kamsack Esterhazy performs Thursday night at 7pm.
- April 25 – Badminton District Playoffs in Melville
- April 25 – Archery Provincial Shoot in Avonlea
- April 28 – EMBI meeting in the band room at 7 pm
- April 29 – PPEP Information Session in Room #204 at 6:30 pm
- April 30 –Grade 11 students and parents – “Pay it Forward” meeting at 7pm in the Library
- May 7 – Movie Night/Coffee house at S.N. Boreen Centre at 7pm
- May 7 – Grad 2015 Parent Meeting at 7pm in the library. Banquet tickets will be for sale.
- May 11 – Blood Donor Clinic
- May 13 – Grade 6-12 Track Meet – Esterhazy
- May 14 – Alternate date for Track Meet
- May 18 – Victoria Day – No School
- May 19 –No school for students
APRIL NEWSLETTER PDF
The entire newsletter is available in PDF format for downloading below